The Sanderstead Residents' Association welcomes new members to take part in its role in supporting local organisations for the young, the elderly and the well being of Sanderstead.
The Association which is non political and non sectarian is governed by its Constitution under which its aim is the promotion of the interests of the residents of Sanderstead.
The Association's newsletter, "Sanderstead News", is posted to all members of the Association and provides reports from our MP, the Ward Councillors and our Chairman. There are articles of local interests and advice on security matters provided by the police and Neighbourhood Watch. The magazine lists local organisations with their contacts and diaries of events. These items are also now available on this website. A youth page provides parents with information on all the Sanderstead youth activities from toddler age, to teenagers; for Scouts, Guides and sport.
From time to time the Association would like to be able to contact members via an email newsletter. If you would like to receive this news please follow this link to sign up your name and email address. Sign up here for Email Newsletter
At the Association's AGM members elect the committee and have the opportunity to question the Councillors and Committee on matters relating to Sanderstead. The 2018 AGM will be held on Thursday 10th May at 8 pm in All Saints' Hall, Onslow Gardens, CR2 9AB.
Role of the Association
Today the role of the association is to promote the interests of Sanderstead and its residents in several ways. We are able to provide financial support to assist and promote Sanderstead based organisations perform their work within our community. We also continue to undertake the traditional role of a Residents' Association; resisting planning applications likely to disadvantage residents and raising concerns about matters such as the proposed closure of the Sanderstead Library and the Purley Swimming Pool.
Details of the Sanderstead Ward Councillors, Lynne Hale, Yvette Hopley and Tim Pollard, and the Croham Ward Councillors, Michael Neal, Maria Gatland and Jason Perry, can be found on the Contacts page, along with all the officers of the Sanderstead Residents' Association.
Read the latest news from our Councillors on The Sanderstead blog.
Saturday 20th January
Become a member
Find out about joining the SRA here.Membership
The Association has a small fund available to make grants to suitable local projects. Please follow the link to find out how to apply.Grants
Map of SandersteadMap
Local Organisations supported by SRA
Since 2012 the Association has funded and made donations to or provided the following:
- Hamsey Green pond
- 18th Purley Scouts, for flood protection work
- Croydon Carers Centre
- Friends of Kingswood
- 8th Sanderstead Brownies
- Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care
- Selsdon Centre for the Retired
- Repair of Sanderstead War Memorial vandalised by metal thieves
- Bench seat on the Gruffy by the Sanderstead Pond
- The Mayor’s Charity 2014
- Books and display stand for Sanderstead Library
- Friends of Wettern Tree Gardens
- Friends of Croham Hurst Woods
- Friends of Purley Beeches
- Christmas Lights in the Village 2012
- Sanderstead Churches Floating Shelter
- 8th Purley Scout Group "Girls enjoy Scouting"
- 16th Purley Scout Group contribution for World Jamboree
- 2nd Hamsey Green Scout Group repairs to scout hut
- Sanderstead Brownies 100th Birthday
- Selsdon Little Football League Sponsorship
- “Hear Me Speak” competition for Sanderstead Primary Schools